The City Zip Company installs giant zip lines in city centres. In the summer of 2017 we operated Zip World London, “the biggest, fastest city centre zip wire in the world”, which saw over 30,000 people jump from a 35m tower to travel 225m at 30mph.
We are now recruiting an Operations Assistant to join the team. You will support the Head of operations in the running of both the back office and our live events. There will be an opportunity to become involved in all aspects of the business including event operations, event planning, event staffing as well as procurement, budgeting and reporting.
You must be someone with experience in operations, ideally in an events based organisation. Excellent planning and organisations skills are essential, along with attention to detail and an unflappable personality.
In return, we offer the opportunity to work with a fun team at one of London’s most talked about events. The role also gives the successful candidate the opportunity to develop a long term career in events and to grow as we grow our event portfolio.
Key responsibilities include
· Supporting the recruitment of the events team
· Researching and implementing software to assist in the day to day operations of the business
· Managing and developing the project plan for each event
· Supporting the management of the event team
· Managing daily operations of live events and supporting the duty manager on site
· Coordinating the build and derig of the events
· Developing SOP’s across the back office and live events
You enjoy being part of a busy and dynamic team working to short deadlines. You are clear thinking, efficient and focussed on delivery.
· 2+ years operations experience (ideally in an events environment)
· Experience of implementing systems and software
· Able to teach, train and encourage colleagues
· Excellent communication skills
· Creative, innovative and strategic thinker
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Highly organised and good at planning
This is a full time role to start in March 2018.
To apply please send an up to date CV and covering letter detailing why you are who we’re looking for to email@example.com