Zip Wire Manager
The City Zip Company installs giant zip lines in city centres. In the summer of 2017 we operated Zip World London, “the biggest, fastest city centre zip wire in the world”, which saw over 30,000 people jump from a 35m tower to travel 225m at 30mph.
We are now recruiting a Zip Wire Manager to join the team running zip wire events. The Zip Wire Manager will be responsible for the operation of the zip wire event each day. You will ensure that every customer who visits the zip wire has a great time and that, at each stage of the experience, the team provide excellent customer service and a safe and efficient experience.
You must be someone with proven experience of managing a physical experience activity, ideally one that is outdoors and includes zip wires. This is a senior role so you will have at least 5 years industry experience, at least 2 years of which will be at manager level.
In return, we offer the opportunity to lead a fun team at one of London’s most talked about events.
Key responsibilities include
· Overall responsibility for the site and event each day
· Running an event that is safe for customers and staff by ensuring adherence to the policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, risk assessment and other health and safety issues
· Working with the senior management team to develop the event so that it is innovative, commercial and follows best practice
· Ensuring every customer experience excellent customer service throughout their time at the event
· Management of staff on site each day including scheduling
· Initial and ongoing training and development of event staff
· Ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed on a daily basis
· Keeping premises and equipment clean, safe and well organised
You have a passion for outdoor activities and zip wires in particular. You are focussed on a positive customer experience.
· 5+ years outdoor industry experience (with 2+ years in a management role)
· Able to teach, train and inspire a team of activity instructors
· Appropriate qualifications relevant to zip wire / outdoor activities
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience in staff scheduling and management
· Used to working with IT / software – in particular ticketing systems, shift planning systems and EPOS
· Experienced in PPE equipment maintenance. A relevant PPE Inspection Qualification is preferable.
· Good understanding of Health and Safety legislation
· Physically fit and a regular participant in outdoor activities
· First Aid qualification beneficial but not essential
This is a full time role (38 hours per week) to start on 1st May 2018.
As weekends, bank holidays and school holidays are our busiest times you should expect to be working at these times.
The role is based in central London. Accommodation is not provided.
To apply please send an up to date CV and covering letter detailing why you are who we’re looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org